Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
So cute. So easy. My son was very impressed with his "Bucket of M&M's" cake!
Make and share this Bucket of M&M's Kit Kat Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box cake mix
- 2 (16 ounce) containers chocolate frosting
- 15 ounces Kit Kat bars (10 packs of 4)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagm&m's milk chocolate minis candies
- Prepare cake as directed on package in two 9" cake pans. Let cool. Frost cakes generously with chocolate frosting. Break apart approximately 36 Kit Kats. Begin to place them around the cake. Tie with a ribbon, if desired. Top with mini M&M's. Enjoy your amazing cake!
- * Make sure your layer cakes are not taller than a Kit Kat.
- * You may want to freeze your Kit Kats to avoid fingerprints.
- * Use a ribbon to ensure your Kit Kats don't fall over. The frosting works well - but the ribbon gives you extra peace of mind.
A friend posted a blog with the same general idea, but the author's writing was terrible, so I came to see if I could find it here. Yours is much cuter, I like the idea of shaping it a little more like a bucket :)
She did have some good ideas though, and I thought I'd share here for others to benefit from...
This goes great with "rainbow cake" - divide up the cake batter into 5 small bowls and add food coloring to make 5 colors of batter. Layer the colors in your pan and bake as directed.
If you plan to travel with the cake, it is recommended you wait until you arrive at your destination to place the candy, this will prevent them from melting in the car.