Chef froggygirl's Note:
Delicious French log shaped cake. Great for the holidays!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x1 inch, with aluminum foil or waxed paper; grease generously.
- 3beat eggs in small mixer bowl on high speed until very thick and lemon color, about 5 minutes.
- 4Pour eggs into large mixer bowl.
- 5Beat in granulated sugar gradually.
- 6Beat in water and vanilla on low speed.
- 7Add flour, baking powder and salt gradually, beating just until batter is smooth.
- 8Pour into pan.
- 9Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 12-15 minutes.
- 10Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan.
- 11Invert on towel sprinkled generously with powdered sugar.
- 12Carefully remove foil/waxed paper; trim off stiff edges if necessary.
- 13While hot, carefully roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- 14Cool on wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- 15Unroll cake; remove towel.
- 16Beat jelly slightly with fork to soften; spread over cake.
- 17Roll up.
- 18Sprinkle with powdered sugar or cover with frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buche De Noel (Jelly Roll/Yule Log)
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.8 mg
- Sodium 123.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 2.8 g