Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
1 salad serves 2 - 4 people. Great salad to serve before italian dinner.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 ounce pepperoni, diced
- 1 ounce mortadella, diced
- 1 ounce red onion, diced
- 2 ounces roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces cucumbers, diced
- 1 ounce gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 ounce pepperoncini pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 ounces Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 3 pepperoncini peppers, whole
- black olives
- green olives
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl, except 1/2 the tomatoes, the whole pepperoncini, olives and dressing and toss.
- Add the dressing and toss until fully incorporated.
- Mound the salad mixture on a chilled plate, getting as much height as possible.
- Place remaining tomates around the outside of the salad.
- Garnish with whole pepperoncini and olives and serve!
I made this for my sister's birthday with lasagna and it was so good! The 2 cheeses might be overwhelming for some, but we loved it.
Even though there were just the 2 of us, I made the entire recipe, & we had this great tasting salad for lunch along with a small bowl of soup, then again at supper with a full meal! Our salads aren't usually so elaborate, but this one is very satisfying, & I plan to be making it again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]