Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a cooking magazine in a weekend section.
- 1⁄2 lb bucatini pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, loosely packed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (grated)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbso. of oil in pan over medium-low heat.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, bread crumbs and pinch of salt and saute until garlic is just toasted and bread crumbs are crisp, about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reserve a spoonful of bread crumbs and garlic for garnish.
- Turn heat off, add parsley and lemon zest and stir well.
- Set aside until pasta is done.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Transfer pasta to pan and turn up heat to medium-high.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta water, butter if using, pinch of salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Cook until pasta is coated with sauce.
- Turn off heat and toss.
- Adjust seasoning, divide among warmed plates and garnish with reserved bread crumbs.
- Serve cheese on the side.