- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces pancetta, sliced 1/2 inch thick and cut into 1 inch long pieces (1 cup)
- 1 1⁄4 cups pecorino romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling salt water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the pancetta pieces and cook over moderate heat. 4-5 minutes.
- Add the bucatini to the skillet and toss over moderate heat to coat with the fat and pancetta. Add 3/4 cup of the reserved cooking water, the 1 1/4 cups of pecorino cheese and pepper and season with salt.