Recipe by Noo
This is a wonderfully quick, easy and tasty supper dish, courtesy of the Godfather of Italian cookery, Antonio Carluccio.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
A delightful and easy to prepare pasta dish. My only additions were some minced garlic in step 2 and some chopped sage in step 3. Loved the pancetta with pasta cooked this way. We all enjoyed this with warmed crusty ciabatta rolls and sparkling white wine. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Noo!
- 14 ounces bucatini pasta
- 2 ounces butter or 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces pancetta or 4 ounces bacon, cut into small strips
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces grated pecorino cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Heat the butter and fry the pancetta until lightly browned; set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks and the milk in a bowl. Add the cheese. Pour the egg mixture into the bacon and add the pasta.
- Warm through, but do not cook the eggs. Toss well adding plenty of black pepper.