Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
This is a quick and simple pasta dish that plates up elegantly.
Top Review by Trikster
Made this the other night and we really enjoyed. Very simple to make. I used the spaghetti and bacon as our local store doesn't carry the pancetta and bucatini. Also used mozzarella. I left out the green onion because I didn't have any. Will be making this again.
- 8 ounces bucatini pasta (spaghetti will also work fine)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium chopped onions, chopped finely
- 8 ounces pancetta, chopped (side bacon will also work fine)
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, drained,chopped
- 5 ounces bocconcini or 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- ADD pasta to large pot of boiling water; Boil uncovered until tender; Drain.
- HEAT oil in pan, add onions and pancetta; Cook, stirring until onions are soft.
- ADD tomatoes, stir over heat for 2 minutes then add cheese and pasta; Stir until heated through; Top with chopped green onion.