1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Cooking Light Magazine, May 2004, Michol Negrin. The sauce is easy, delightful to look at, and great for eating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces bucatini pasta or 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup grated ricotta salata or 3/4 cup romano cheese
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, and discard seeds and membranes.
- 3Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- 4Broil 10 minutes or until peppers are blackened.
- 5Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal.
- 6Let stand 15 minutes.
- 7Peel and cut into strips.
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 425°.
- 9Arrange the eggplant cubes in a single layer in a 2-quart baking dish.
- 10Pour 1 cup water over the eggplant.
- 11Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until eggplant is tender, adding more water as needed.
- 12Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 13Add oregano, capers, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- 14Stir in eggplant, bell peppers, salt, black pepper, and tomatoes.
- 15Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 16Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 17Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 18Combine pasta, eggplant mixture, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large bowl, tossing to coat.
- 19Add the reserved cooking liquid, if necessary, to coat the pasta.
- 20Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bucatini With Eggplant and Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: