Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Chef Todd English
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces bucatini pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gorgonzola or 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Toast the walnuts on a baking sheet in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 minutes, until golden; cool slightly and finely chop.
- Combine the walnuts, breadcrumbs, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and remaining pepper and then cook in olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until lightly browned an all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth and simmer until reduced to 1 cup of liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the cheese, butter, and parsley to the chicken and stir until well blended.
- Add the pasta to the chicken mixture and toss.
- Transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with the walnut/breadcrumb mixture and the remaining cheese.
A nice quick creamy pasta recipe without using heavy cream! I used very thinly sliced chicken breasts so I added only as much broth as I needed (about 2/3 cup) after the chicken was browned so the chicken didn't become overcooked. Thanks for posting!