1/1 Photo of Bucatini Con Melanzane E Salsiccia
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Taken from here = http://italianfood.about.com/od/pastabasics/ig/The-Pasta-Shapes-Gallery/Bucatini.htm Cooking time is an estimate only at this point.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and dice the eggplant, put the pieces in a colander, sprinkle them well with salt, and let them sit for an hour in the sink, while the salt draws out the bitter juices. Rinse and pat them dry.
- 2Set pasta water to heat, salt it when it boils, and cook the bucatini.
- 3While doing this, skin and crumble the sausage into a pan, add the eggplant and a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, and sauté the mixture until the sausage begins to brown and the eggplant has wilted.
- 4Add the tomatoes, thyme, and continue cooking covered for about 10 minutes, adding a little more liquid if the sauce looks like it's drying out.
- 5When the pasta is done, season it with the sauce and serve it with the cheese on the side.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bucatini Con Melanzane E Salsiccia
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 40.8 mg
- Sodium 459.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 22.8 g