1/1 Photo of Bucatini Amatriciana Alla Romana
This is one of the most popular Roman pasta dishes, very tasty and quick and simple to prepare. Like so many of traditional Italian dishes every household and every mammas and nonnas have their own recipes none of which are identical, this is the one we established and find to our liking... Bucatini is the type of the pasta traditionally used for this recipe, you can also use spaghetti, the result is just as delicious. Note: Given amounts of ingredients below are just a rough indication... please feel free to adjust them according to your preference! Also, during the season, do use fresh ripe tomatoes instead of those from the tins!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 70 -80 g bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- black pepper, red crushed pepper or if you like it spicy crushed red pepper flakes
- 200 g of dry bucatini pasta
- freshly grated parmigiano, aged or pecorino romano cheese or if available aged pecorino romano cheese
- 1In a skillet sauté onion and garlic in a sufficient amount of olive oil.
- 2When they are well cooked, add the crumbled bacon and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper (or red pepper).
- 3*if you are using the tinned tomatoes, mush them up in small pieces.
- 4Bring to boil and cook for several minutes until the flavours are well blended and some of the extra liquid is evaporated.
- 5Meanwhile cook the pasta al dente, and drain.
- 6Toss the tomato mixture together with the pasta, serve with plenty of freshly grated cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bucatini Amatriciana Alla Romana
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.3
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.8 mg
- Sodium 731.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 19.1 g