Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bucatini is a fatter, hollow spaghetti. This recipe would also be good with regular spaghetti or even a ziti. From "La Cucina" magazine.
- sea salt
- 158.51 ml gaeta olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 59.14 ml capers, soaked in cold water 10 minutes then drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml fresh chives, minced
- 354.88 ml ricotta cheese (about 13 oz)
- 295.73 ml milk
- 453.59 g bucatini pasta or 453.59 g spaghetti
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook bucatini according to package directions, drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, stir together olives, oil, capers, garlic, and chives; set aside.
- Use a medium saucepan and combine cheese, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture is just warmed through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Add warm cheese mixture and 2/3 of the olive mixture to the hot pasta and toss; let stand a minute or two.
- Garnish with remaining olive mixture and additional chives, if desired.