Bucatini is a fatter, hollow spaghetti. This recipe would also be good with regular spaghetti or even a ziti. From "La Cucina" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- sea salt
- 2/3 cup gaeta olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, soaked in cold water 10 minutes then drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese (about 13 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb spaghetti
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook bucatini according to package directions, drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, stir together olives, oil, capers, garlic, and chives; set aside.
- 3Use a medium saucepan and combine cheese, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture is just warmed through, about 8 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 5Add warm cheese mixture and 2/3 of the olive mixture to the hot pasta and toss; let stand a minute or two.
- 6Garnish with remaining olive mixture and additional chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bucatini Alla Ricotta Con Capperi E Olive
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.4 mg
- Sodium 361.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g