Recipe by GoodGrubCook
So easy and so yummy! This is a recipe from a relative that he got while traveling in Italy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces bacon, diced, lightly cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb tomatoes, vine ripened peeled and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bucatini pasta, dry weight then cooked al dente
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for the table
- Heat oil in a large pot, saute garlic, chili flakes and onions over medium heat.
- Add bacon when onions are soft.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes then add wine and cook till it evaporates.
- Add tomatoes and check seasoning. Cook over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add pasta to the pot, then cheese.
- Serve at once.