1/1 Photo of Buca Di Beppo Warm Tomato and Spinach Salad
Mary Fowler Polly W's Note:
I have taken many of their cooking classes which were SO fun! They have stopped doing them in my area much to my sadness because they were great ! This salad is REALLY good. It is truly worth the effort but must be put together at the last minute so the tomatoes are warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red onion, cut in wedges
- 4 -6 roma tomatoes, wedged
- 16 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbles
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:.
- 2Place balsamic vinegar, garlic and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
- 3whisk rapidly by hand while drizzling in the olive oil mix well.
- 4Place in glass jar and store in fridge until needed.
- 5Pecan's: Preheat oven 350°F.
- 6Melt butter in saute pan.
- 7Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper and pecan pieces; mix well.
- 8Spread pecans on cookie sheet and bake about 5-7 minutes watch carefully to not burn.
- 9Remove from oven and let cool.
- 10Salad: Place red onion and tomato wedges in medium glass bowl.
- 11Stir Balsamic Vinaigrette and pour some of the dressing (leave the rest for top of salad) over the onions and tomatoes.
- 12Microwave for about 2-3 minutes.
- 13Place spinach on large plate.
- 14Using large spoon, place tomatoes AROUND the spinach not on top.
- 15Place the onions on TOP of the spinach.
- 16Pour some of the dressing over the salad coating as desired and mix well.
- 17Sprinkle pecans and goat cheese over salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buca Di Beppo Warm Tomato and Spinach Salad
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1029.0
- Calories from Fat 848
- Total Fat 94.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 837.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 13.1 g