Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious Tiramisu Recipe, based on Buca di Beppo's recipe.
Make and share this Buca Di Beppo Tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- 9 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup espresso
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 ounce cocoa powder
- 1⁄8 cup biscotti, crumbled
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- Whip mascarpone cheese until light and airy. Dip ladyfingers in Espresso Rum Mixture (see below) and place in serving bowl 3 inches deep by 7 inches wide. Top with 1 oz of zabaglione (see below). Using a 3 oz scoop, layer one-third of whipped mascarpone over ladyfingers. Repeat process 2 more times with remaining ladyfingers, zabaglione and mascarpone. Chill in refrigerator. Prior to serving, sprinkle with cocoa powder and crumbled biscotti.
- ESPRESSO RUM MIXTURE: Mix espresso and rum together.
- ZABAGLIONE: Whisk egg yolks and whole egg together with sugar until eggs are thick and lemon colored. Whisk in Marsala wine. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, whisk, and repeat microwaving and whisking 4-6 times, until pudding is thick. Alternatively, whisk ingredients in the top of a gently simmering double boiler until thickened.
Excellent recipe. The microwave instructions are very simple and if you have ever failed at zabaglione custard you will appreciate how easy this is. I use the Martha Stewart recipe for Sponge Cake and cut to fit the pan vs the ladyfingers.