1/3 Photos of Buca Di Beppo Salmon Siracusa (Copycat)
I have been trying to get more fish into my family's diet, and this recipe makes it easy! In the summer I usually grill the Salmon, and I sometime bake instead of utilizing the method the original recipe calls for...but any way it is a family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces kalamata olives, pitted halved
- 8 ounces white wine
- 8 lemon wedges
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 ounces minced garlic (divided)
- 8 ounces capers
- 8 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons black pepper (fresh ground is best)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 -6 nice size boneless salmon fillets (5 oz portion)
- 1Prepare Bruschetta Mix:.
- 2Cut ends off roma tomatoes (about 4), half and seed. Chop tomatoes to 1/2 inch pieces (leave at room temperature).
- 3Dice red onions to 1/2 inch (1/2 of large).
- 4Chop basil into 1/4 inch pieces.
- 5Mix all bruschetta ingredients in a large bowl. set aside.
- 6Remove skin from salmon (if grilling this is not necessary).
- 7Mix 4 oz. olive oil with 4 oz. minced garlic (4 T) and brush both sides of salmon filets with the mixture.
- 8Mix salt, pepper and oregano and sprinkle over salmon filets.
- 9In saute pan combine calamata olives, wine, brushetta mixture, artichoke hearts, 4 oz. minced garlic (less if you choose), capers, and lemon juice (2-3 T if you don't have fresh). Heat to a boil.
- 10Add marinated salmon, cover and cook until the salmon is done. (appx. 5 minutes).
- 11Place 1/2 sauce on the platter and place salmon on top. Top with remaining sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
- 12If grilling:.
- 13Grill Salmon until done, serve on a platter with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- 14If baking:.
- 15Place salmon in baking pan lined with foil, and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees 10 minutes for each inch of thickness in your salmon filet. I cooked mine for 17 minutes on convection (speed bake) and it come out perfect. Once cooked, I added it to the sauce and served immediately!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buca Di Beppo Salmon Siracusa (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (643 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1150.0
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 4767.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 77.0 g