Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
When I tried this dish at Buca, I instantly fell in love with it. I was able to find the recipe elsewhere, and thought I should share it! It is fabulous! (I usually leave the peel on the eggplant, and chop it into one-inch cubes; but this can also be prepared with eggplant slices) If you don't have time to make Marinara, you can just a jarred sauce like Paul Newman's.
- 14.17 g fresh basil
- 425.24 g marinara sauce
- 170.09 g mozzarella cheese, fresh (found in Italian section in the market)
- 85.04 g romano cheese, grated
- 340.19 g chicken breast, cooked sliced
- 22.18 ml garlic, minced fresh
- 127.57 g olive oil
- 453.59 g eggplant, chopped into inch cubes
- 453.59 g rigatoni pasta, cooked
- Heat olive oil.
- Add eggplant and saute until brown and soft. Add chopped garlic and saute.
- Add sliced chicken breast, and marinara. Reduce heat.
- Toss cooked rigatoni pasta with sauce; then romano cheese, fresh chopped basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese.
Pasta and eggplants are two of my favorites so I couldn't wait to try this. We really enjoyed it, especially my husband -- the chicken, cheese, pasta and eggplant really hit the spot. He devoured 2 huge servings. I peeled the eggplant to give it a softer texture, and I bought fresh mozzarella as called for -- it's the white kind that comes in a ball shape in the dairy. It didn't melt too well, so next time I'm going to buy a chunk of "regular" mozzarella and grate it. Thanks for posting this great recipe!