Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this dressing! I was so happy to find it. It's amazing over an apple gorgonzola salad. Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a blender container, combine the red wine vinegar, oregano, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Blend together while slowly adding the olive oil.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: Do not make this a day in advance or put in refrigerator, as flavors will not be at their best.
Worked at Buca for over two years, probably had a salad at least three times a week and this tasted nothing like their dressing. It wasn't bad but not that great either.
Lovely and refreshing, with simple ingredients.
An excellent flavorful salad dressing. The dressing still tasted very good the next day, even after refrigeration. Thanks for posting. Janet