Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this dressing! I was so happy to find it. It's amazing over an apple gorgonzola salad. Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a blender container, combine the red wine vinegar, oregano, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Blend together while slowly adding the olive oil.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: Do not make this a day in advance or put in refrigerator, as flavors will not be at their best.
Lovely and refreshing, with simple ingredients.
An excellent flavorful salad dressing. The dressing still tasted very good the next day, even after refrigeration. Thanks for posting. Janet
This is a very good recipe. I was looking for something that wasn't sweet. I forgot the oregano and thought I would leave out the garlic (seems I add it to everything these days and just wanted a change) but my husband said it was a bit bland without the garlic, so it will be added next time. Very nice compliment to our salads and we'll be making this often. Thanks!