Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I love food from Buca and found this on channel 3 news website. I cannot wait to make it at home to see if it as fabulous as it is in the restaurant! Serve it up with Garlic Mash.....yum!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs pork loin
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 6 ounces red wine
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons filberts, toasted*
- 4 tablespoons blueberries
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Place the pork loin in baking pan, fat side down.
- Combine salt, pepper and rosemary in small bowl.
- Rub pork with olive oil, then season both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Bake pork loin, fat side up, in a 350° convection oven with the wind on.
- Rotate pork after 30 minutes.
- Cook pork another 20 minutes and check internal temperature. The pork is done when the thickest part of the loin reaches an internal temperature of 140°.
- When pork is almost done, place the butter in a sauté pan and melt over medium heat. Do not allow butter to burn.
- Add shallots and sauté until they are translucent.
- Deglaze pan with the red wine. Bring to a boil, add brown sugar, cinnamon, filberts, blueberries and capers and reduce sauce to a glaze.
- Slice pork approximately 3/8 of an inch thick or to your desired portion size.
- Transfer pork to plate and ladle sauce over meat.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and enjoy!
- *You can substitute toasted pecans if filberts or hazelnuts are not available to you.
The concept is there.. missing the balsamic vinegar though... which is one of the key components to the sauce. I'm not sure if you're the one who came up with this, since I have seen the same exact thing on different websites.. but just wanted whoever who reads this to know its missing balsamic vinegar. But the concept of the sauce is correct.
I first had this in the Sacramento Resteraunt and had to come home and make it. I followed this to the exact recipe here and loved it. The meat was cooked to perfection, the glaze was excellent, enjoyed the great aroma of the glaze as I ate each mouth full. Rick Rivera, Chef at another Italian Resteraunt (5 stars)EZ to make. Impress your friends!!