Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from their cookbook.. Easy, fast and good !
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- In 3 quart sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt.
- Bring to boil, then cook over low heat for 30 minutes stirring often.
- Turn off heat and add basil.
Similar to my family recipe, but I add about 1/2 cup of red wine after onions have sautéed. I also let it cook all day, sometimes adding partially cooked meatballs towards the end.
I have this cookbook and this was the first recipe I headed for. I doubt I will ever make a different marinara sauce - easy, and delicious!
This is pretty spot on and very yummy!