Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a basic marinara sauce to use anytime, but especially with Buca Di Beppo Chicken Cacciatore With Garlic Mashed Potatoes. A must try!
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup beef broth
- Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer gently, uncovered, 10 minutes.
The beef broth makes this recipe :) It's a wonderful sauce. I used fresh tomatoes and just stewed them instead of canned, but otherwise followed the recipe. PAC Spring 2010.
As a fan of smooth (not chunky) sauces, I really liked this sauce. I think it could use a little less oil, though, as there was a little pool of it on top. I also had to double it to feed a family of four. The beef broth is new to me in a marinara sauce recipe, but I think it's the secret ingredient. Thanks for this recipe, it's a keeper!