- 3 quarts veal stock or 3 quarts beef stock
- 1 lb dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cooked and coarsley chopped
- 1 cup ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Add lentils, carrot, onion,celery,sausage and sage.
- Turn heat down to med and cook for about 1 hour or until the soup thickens.
- Stir in tomatoes salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve soup in individual bowls with a little extra virgin olive oil.