Found this posted on another website, and posting it to make later. It comes from the Chef at Buca, and seems easier than my family recipe for this Zuppa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1SAUSAGE MEATBALL PROCEDURE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Roll 5 oz. of sausage into miniature meatballs.
- 3Place on a well-oiled cookie sheet and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- 4Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- 5PASTINA PROCEDURE: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 lb. Pastina. Cook until al dente (approximately 10 min.). Strain and set aside.
- 6CHICKEN TENDER PROCEDURE: Slice 4 oz. of boneless chicken breast into strips.
- 7Brush cookie sheet with olive oil, and lay out chicken strips.
- 8Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- 9Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- 10TO SERVE -- Heat chicken stock. When boiling add cooked chicken, sausage meatballs, chopped escarole and Pastina.
- 11In a separate bowl mix 2 fresh eggs and 1/2 cup of Romano cheese.
- 12Add the egg/Romano cheese mixture to the boiling soup and stir gently. Cook one more minute until egg mixture is firm.
- 13Pour into bowls and garnish with diced red peppers and Romano cheese.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buca Di Beppo Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 21.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: