Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this posted on another website, and posting it to make later. It comes from the Chef at Buca, and seems easier than my family recipe for this Zuppa.
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 4 ounces chicken breasts, strips cooked
- 5 ounces sausage meatballs, cooked
- 2 ounces escarole, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb Italian pastina, cooked
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1 ounce diced red pepper
- 1 ounce romano cheese, garnish
- SAUSAGE MEATBALL PROCEDURE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll 5 oz. of sausage into miniature meatballs.
- Place on a well-oiled cookie sheet and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- PASTINA PROCEDURE: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 lb. Pastina. Cook until al dente (approximately 10 min.). Strain and set aside.
- CHICKEN TENDER PROCEDURE: Slice 4 oz. of boneless chicken breast into strips.
- Brush cookie sheet with olive oil, and lay out chicken strips.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Set aside.
- TO SERVE -- Heat chicken stock. When boiling add cooked chicken, sausage meatballs, chopped escarole and Pastina.
- In a separate bowl mix 2 fresh eggs and 1/2 cup of Romano cheese.
- Add the egg/Romano cheese mixture to the boiling soup and stir gently. Cook one more minute until egg mixture is firm.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with diced red peppers and Romano cheese.
Ive made this recipe many times after having enjoyed it at buca ....my family loves it