3 hrs 25 mins
(Galletto con Salsa di Spinaci) OOOOOOOOOOOOOh, is this yummy! It is a nice change from a plain baked chicken breast and is easy to make in quantities for a dinner party. I have made this with both Cornish Game Hens and with Bone-in, Skin-on Chicken breasts* and it turns out fabulous either way! Mangia!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (1 lb) Cornish hens (bone in, skin on split breast about 6 large) or 4 lbs chicken breasts (bone in, skin on split breast about 6 large)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fresh
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1To prepare the hens, split open the back of each Cornish game hen with a sharp knife or poultry shears.
- 2Remove giblets, rinse under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 3Flatten leaving hens in one piece.
- 4Place olive oil, crushed red pepper, rosemary, oregano and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- 5Add hens to the mixture and marinate for approximately 2 hours, turning the hens from time to time.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Place the hens on a large sheet pan, skin side down. Spoon some of the marinade over the hens. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, turn the hens skin side up and continue baking for another 30 minutes, or until the meat is done and skin is golden brown and crisp. (When using chicken breasts I usually cook at 375 degrees for 25 minutes skin side down, and 20 minutes skin side up until thermometer reaches 175 degrees in the biggest piece).
- 8Remove the hends from the oven, place on serving dishes and top with Spinach Sauce.
- 9To prepare Spinach Sauce bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 10Add the garlic.
- 11Cook until the cream is reduced by half.
- 12Add the spinach, salt and pepper, and heat through, cooking for approximately 5 minutes.
- 13Remove sauce from heat and add butter.
- 14Mix well until the sauce has thickened. If you prefer a smoother sauce, puree in a blender or food processor.
- 15**Try draining the frozen spinach in a salad spinner. It works fabulously!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buca Di Beppo Cornish Game Hens With Spinach Sauce (Or Chicken B
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2001.8
- Calories from Fat 1524
- Total Fat 169.4 g
- Saturated Fat 73.5 g
- Cholesterol 769.6 mg
- Sodium 1740.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 101.2 g