Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: Chef Vittorio Renda, Buca di Beppo Source: KARE11.com , 10/6/2001
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 3/4 lb total)
- salt, to taste
- 236.59 ml flour
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 4 large lemons
- 113.39 g unsalted butter, softened
- 29.58 ml capers
- Cut three lemons in half and use for fresh lemon juice. Pour the juice through a fine strainer. Cut the last lemon into wedges for garnish.
- Begin to heat the olive oil in a 12 inch sauté pan on med-high.
- Pound the chicken to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- While oil is getting hot, lightly season both sides of the chicken breast with salt.
- Lightly dust the chicken breast in the flour, shake off excess flour.
- Place chicken in the sauté pan; when the chicken is golden brown, turn over and brown the other side as well. It is important to brown both sides to insure the chicken is completely cooked through.
- When both sides are nice and brown, add white wine and lemon juice.
- Continue to cook for approximately two to three minutes. The liquid should reduce approximately half.
- Once the liquid is reduced, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and turn off heat.
- Check to make sure the chicken breasts are cooked by turning each piece of chicken over and cutting it halfway through with a knife. There should be no visible pink. If the chicken is not completely cooked through, place inches a 400 degree oven for five minutes to complete cooking.
- Finish the sauce by placing the softened butter in the pan. Using rubber spatula, work the butter into the sauce as it melts.
- Add capers to the sauce.
- Pour sauce directly on top of chicken breasts. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Buca chicken Limon has many other flavors other than just lemon. Yours dont taste anything like it.
Absolutely the best Lemon Chicken ever. Easy to prepare and everyone loves it!
First time I had this was at my daughter's wedding reception and had to find the recipe. Made it quite a few times over the years and it's always a hit. I double the recipe to make sure that there are leftovers :-)