1/1 Photo of Buca Di Beppo Chicken With Lemon
Source: Chef Vittorio Renda, Buca di Beppo Source: KARE11.com , 10/6/2001
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut three lemons in half and use for fresh lemon juice. Pour the juice through a fine strainer. Cut the last lemon into wedges for garnish.
- 2Begin to heat the olive oil in a 12 inch sauté pan on med-high.
- 3Pound the chicken to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 4While oil is getting hot, lightly season both sides of the chicken breast with salt.
- 5Lightly dust the chicken breast in the flour, shake off excess flour.
- 6Place chicken in the sauté pan; when the chicken is golden brown, turn over and brown the other side as well. It is important to brown both sides to insure the chicken is completely cooked through.
- 7When both sides are nice and brown, add white wine and lemon juice.
- 8Continue to cook for approximately two to three minutes. The liquid should reduce approximately half.
- 9Once the liquid is reduced, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and turn off heat.
- 10Check to make sure the chicken breasts are cooked by turning each piece of chicken over and cutting it halfway through with a knife. There should be no visible pink. If the chicken is not completely cooked through, place inches a 400 degree oven for five minutes to complete cooking.
- 11Finish the sauce by placing the softened butter in the pan. Using rubber spatula, work the butter into the sauce as it melts.
- 12Add capers to the sauce.
- 13Pour sauce directly on top of chicken breasts. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buca Di Beppo Chicken With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1196.9
- Calories from Fat 788
- Total Fat 87.6 g
- Saturated Fat 36.9 g
- Cholesterol 214.7 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 39.2 g