Recipe by Cook4_6
A friend of mine just visted Buca Di Beppo and has proclaimed it her favorite eatery! She mentioned she tried the most awesome Chicken Marsala there. Another friend of mine gave me this copycat recipe!
Top Review by Shawnee TX
We love Marsala chicken, and this is a very good recipe. Next time, I will make more of the sauce, we didn't have enough to put over top of the spaghetti noodles I served on the side. But the flavor is wonderful. Thank you.
- olive oil, as needed
- 16 ounces chicken cutlets (4 thin pieces)
- 2 ounces low-sodium bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup high-grade dry marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (maybe less)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat large skillet lightly with olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook just until crisp and lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside, leave fat in the pan.
- Put flour on a plate.
- Pat cutlets dry, season lightly with salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
- Heat pan with bacon fat over medium-high heat, add touch more olive oil if necessary to make approximately 2 tablespoons.
- When fat is hot shake excess flour off cutlets and place in pan.
- Saute, turning once until browned on both sides. Thin cutlets should only take a few minutes per side. Remove cutlets, pour excess fat from pan.
- With pan over medium-high heat add the Marsala and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook Marsala until it is reduced by one quarter.
- Stir in cream and simmer until you get a nicely thickened sauce.
- Return the chicken and bacon to the pan and turn the cutlets to coat and reheat for a minute.
- Serve with the sauce over top and a sprinkle of parsley.