Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep3 hrs 30 mins
Courtesy of Chef Vittorio Renda. Let me know what you think!
Make and share this Buca Di Beppo Chicken Cacciatore With Garlic Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
For Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 baked chicken
- 5 ounces red onions, sliced
- 1 ounce capers
- 7 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 ounces sherry wine
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 ounce garlic
For Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 lb soft butter
- 5 ounces romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- For Chicken Cacciatore:.
- Bake chicken in a 360 degree F oven until cooked completely through and golden brown in color.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Sauté until onions become tender.
- Add capers, oregano, and sherry. Once half the sherry has cooked out, add the marinara sauce and reduce by a third.
- For Mashed Potatoes:.
- Wash potatoes and boil until tender and soft. Place potatoes in mixer with rest of ingredients and mix on low speed until potatoes are mashed.
- On a large platter, place a ring of mashed potatoes just inside the rim. Place chicken on the potatoes. Top chicken with sauce, serve to delighted guests and graciously accept their compliments.