Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from one of the cooking classes I took..it is so good and it is great served with there garlic mashed potatoes !!! You can also serve this over pasta which is also great.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin steaks, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- In a large saute pan medium heat, heat the olive oil, red onion, garlic and capers.
- Saute until the onions are translucent.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Add wine and cook until reduced by half.
- Break up tomatoes and add to pan with the oregano,salt and pepper.
- cook for about 20 minutes.
- reduce heat to low and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, make the garlic mashed potatoes.
- Cover the bottom of a large serving platter with the potatoes.
- Spoon the sauce over the potatoes and enjoy !
I made this tonight, but with some major alterations so I thought I would post comments, but not star the recipe. As I made it, I would give it 4 stars. I used a crock pot and a beef roast. I followed the steps through browning the meat. I then removed the meat to the crock pot and added the wine, then followed the steps through adding the tomato and spices. I poured the sauce over the roast and slow cooked it for 9 hours. It was too runny because of the cooking technique, so I added a can of tomato paste and another Tablespoon of Capers at the end of the cooking cycle. I served it over gnocchi. It was very good this way, but I still want to try it as you have listed; cooked on the stove top with the garlic mashed.