Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Made with yellow cake mix, this is easy and delicious!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, to prepare cake mix (or per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil, to prepare cake mix (or per cake mix directions)
- whipped cream (or whipped topping)
- Cover the bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish with butter(or margarine). Sprinkle with sugar and blueberries. Prepare the cake batter as directed on package; spread over blueberries. Bake at 350*F. for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw!
This is a great tasting cake - I also used applesauce instead of oil. The applesauce had just a bit of cinnamon in it so the cake has a hint of cinnamon. The combo of that with the blueberries is very good. I used 2 1/2 cups berries. I will try more berries next time.
I really love this cake and will make it again. Here's what I did, I substituted applesauce for the oil as I do in almost all cakes and it has no affect on the flavor or texture of the cake. I also did not invert the cake as was directed, because I don't have anything to invert something 9 x 13" onto, and it would have been messy. Instead, I just cut squares and served it. I also had to bake the cake for a total of 55 minutes. I made this for Photo Tag and it is a keeper!
very nice, i took a few liberties i used a lemon box cake and added a tsp of almond extract to it. very well received.