Recipe by Sharon123
Made with yellow cake mix, this is easy and delicious!
Top Review by Hill Family
This is a great tasting cake - I also used applesauce instead of oil. The applesauce had just a bit of cinnamon in it so the cake has a hint of cinnamon. The combo of that with the blueberries is very good. I used 2 1/2 cups berries. I will try more berries next time.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs, to prepare cake mix (or per cake mix directions)
- 1⁄3 cup oil, to prepare cake mix (or per cake mix directions)
- whipped cream (or whipped topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the bottom of a 13"x9" baking dish with butter(or margarine). Sprinkle with sugar and blueberries. Prepare the cake batter as directed on package; spread over blueberries. Bake at 350*F. for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on wire rack. Invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!
- If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw!