Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Corn Pudding done casserole style that is to die for. My Bubby ( Jewish Grandma) gave me the recipe last time I saw her(Thank you!!!) I like this recipe because it incorporates wholesome goodness into a real comfort food. You can use sugar in place of Splenda in this recipe or no sweetner at all if you prefer. Tastes perfect straight out of the oven or can be served cold as well. This makes an excellent side dish at a brunch or fits in well at dinner as well. This is an excellent addition to a holiday table, whether it be Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas or Hannukkah! Note: I've made this w/ no -fat sour creme and no sugar, and it wonderful. I haven't tried substituting the butter though because I think you need this in this recipe, but if you do , let me know how it turned out!
- 439.41 g can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 403.98 g can creamed corn
- 226.79 g package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 6 (6 g) Splenda quick packs
- Stir all ingredients togther in bowl and pour into a greased 13 X 9 cassereole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes -- or until lightly browned on top and set. Can be served warm (best!) or cold.
Made and enjoyed this dish for our pre-Easter dinner with family. Made as directed; although, next time I might use a little less sweetener. Might add a little cheddar cheese as well. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.