Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Strawberries and champagne in a dessert - now THIS is what I like!
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1⁄4 cup champagne or 1⁄4 cup sparkling wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla ice cream
- Coarsely chop berries with champagne and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Stir in orange and lemon juices.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Ladle into chilled bowls and place ice cream in center of each serving.