Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We had this at a dinner party recently and I had to get the recipe from our hostess. She made it with the wine, I've never had it with the sparkling mineral water. It's pretty spicy from the Tabasco...add less if you can't take the heat.
- 2 cups cold tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 24 pickled cocktail onions
- 1 medium lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (1110 ml) bottlechilled brut-style dry sparkling wine or 4 (10 ounce) bottlesof chilled sparkling water
- 8 thin wooden skewers
- In a pitcher, mix tomato juice, Tabasco and lime juice; keep cold.
- On each of the wooden skewers, thread 3 onions; place skewers in a tall glass.
- Put lime wedges in a dish.
- For each serving, place an onion swizzle stick in a champagne flute or 8-oz.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of the juice mixture and fill with wine.
- Squeeze and drop in a lime wedge and stir with a swizzle.