Recipe by Manda
Mmm, creamy, bubblin' hot veggies! A nice side-dish for chicken or pork. I have also added pearl onions to the mixture, and they worked very nicely. Although this is a "side-dish", I have found that it makes a wonderful vegetarian dish when served over biscuits. Any which way you do it, its pretty darn good!!:)
Top Review by Jessica Costello
Wow! All I had on hand for cream cheese was the garlic and chive, and I had cream of boccoli soup instead of celery. I also had a package of sliced baby bellas that needed to be cooked and a summer sqash and a zuccini too so in those went and I ommited the water chestnets just because I ran out of room! Very yummy and EASY!!!!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 heads broccoli
- 4 -6 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup or 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- breadcrumbs or corn flake crumbs, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Break cauliflower and broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Cook broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots in boiling water 5-7 min.
- Drain well.
- Slowly heat soup, cheese, margarine, milk, garlic, and seasonings until combined into a smooth sauce.
- Add water chestnuts.
- Mix veggies and sauce together in large bowl and pour into 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs or corn flake crumbs and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr.
- and 15-30 min.
- ,until casserole is bubbling all over in pan.