Recipe by Suzanne S.
This dip is such a hit, it’s served at Paula Deen’s restaurant and at the Savannah family table. From Paula Deen’s Southern Cooking Bible by Paula Deen.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 3⁄4 cups grated parmesan cheese (about 7 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- crackers, tortilla chips or crusty bread, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Beat in the mayonnaise until combined. Add 11/2 cups of the Parmesan, the artichoke hearts, scallions, garlic, hot sauce, black pepper, and salt and mix with a spatula until combined.
- 3. Scrape the mixture into a wide, shallow gratin or baking dish that’s pretty enough for serving and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Bake until the dip is bubbling and the top is golden, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot, with crackers, tortilla chips, or crusty bread for dipping.