Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple pizza casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- You can be as creative as you want with other pizza toppings.
- In a skillet, brown the beef; drain. Stir in tomatoes and sauce. Quarter the biscuits; place in a greased 13 x 9 pan. Top with the beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Awesome! was the response in our home over this one! I will be making this often! Thanks for posting. Mandy
yyuummmmyy, I did opt to add pepperoni to the mix along with the hamburger, and I didn't have any Italian tomatoes, so I used plain, but added garlic, basil, cilantro,& oregano. I didn't have any cheddar so I used ALL mozz. A real P_L_E_A_S_E_R, my 4 yr old is the king of pizzas and the pickiest eater out there, and he was all smiles. A keeper, thumbs up, and thnx for the post
This recipe sounded a little bland to me, but my 12 year old wanted to start cooking by herself and she thought this sounded easy enough for her. Turns out this is really very good and we will be putting it on the repeat list. She followed the recipe exactly and didn't add any other pizza toppings, but I'm sure it would be very good with all kinds of stuff in it. This is a very simple kid friendly meal. Thanks for posting.