Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from taste.com.au something decadent.
- 250 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 (150 g) chocolate, balls (boxes Lindt Lindor White chocolate balls)
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Remove from the heat, then stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, separate 2 eggs and set the eggwhites aside. Place the 2 egg yolks, remaining whole egg, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until thick and pale.
- Lightly whip the thickened cream to soft peaks. Fold melted chocolate and cream into egg mixture until combined.
- In a separate bowl with clean beaters, beat eggwhites with remaining 1 tbs caster sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into egg mixture to just combine, keeping as much air in the mixture as possible. Place mousse in a glass serving dish and cover with a layer of Lindor balls. Chill for 4-6 hours until mousse is set, then serve.