Recipe by kellib626
I got this recipe from an old elementary school cookbook years ago. The kids love it and love helping to make it. You can make it with lots of toppings or few--either way it's a quick kid-friendly meal!
Top Review by diner524
What a wonderfully quick and simple recipe that kids will love!! Definitely a recipe that even the kids can help make for dinner. I made this for lunch, along with a salad, for 2 of us, so I scaled it back to 1/3 of the recipe. I followed it as written with the exception of using a jar of pizza sauce. I didn't add any extras but I would try it with some next time, but was great with just the cheese. I really missed the bottom of the crust not being firmer/crustier, so next time I would also cook it for a longer time to get that texture. Thanks for sharing a great "kid friendly" recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
- 3 (7 1/2 ounce) packages buttermilk biscuits
- 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
Optional toppings (chopped)
- mushroom, hamburger, olives, pepperoni, peppers, ham, onion, bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In big bowl, quarter biscuits with kitchen cutter.
- Stir in 1 cup sauce and 2 cups cheese.
- Press a garlic clove with garlic press and add to biscuit mixture.
- If desired, add additional toppings and mix to combine.
- Spread mixture into 9 X 13 pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over top and spread out.
- Sprinkle remaining cheeses over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.