Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Weight Watcher recipe that I found and adapted from a recipe website. 8 servings are 5.5 pts, 6 servings are 7.3 points, and if you add 17 slices turkey pepperoni that will add 2 points to the whole recipe.
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons onion powder or 1 chopped onion
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- assorted fresh vegetable, thinly sliced
- 17 slices turkey pepperoni (optional)
- 15 ounces refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄4 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat brown meat, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in onion powder or chopped onion, tomato sauce, basil, garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Add vegetables (mushrooms, peppers, black olives, etc.) and pepperoni.
- Add quartered biscuits; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce.
- Spoon mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I first made Bubble Up Pizza from the WW recipe. Now I do it a bit differently. I simply make extra meat pasta sauce and have spaghetti one day then use the leftover sauce the next day for the 'pizza'. Just add extra toppings like olives, mushrooms etc. and add the biscuits as per the recipe.
We loved this! It was super easy and very tasty! Even my 2 year old liked it. She kept saying "pizza" I will definitley make this again. I think my teenagers will love it too. Thanks for sharing :P
This was so tasty! I used italian flovored ground turkey instead of ground beef and it was delicious, it tasted like sausage. The only dangerous part- between three of us, we devoured the whole thing!