Recipe by Tamibic2
Easy -- the crust rises to the top while baking. Always a HIT!
Top Review by songofbernadette
I reduced the syrup when making this recipe and still had too much juice! I also adjusted the baking powder for our altitude. It is quite delicious, though a little sweet for us. I will reduce the sugar next time. Very easy to make and tasted wonderful right out of the oven with vanilla icecream.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar (divided)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (29 ounce) cansliced peaches, reserve juice
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and 1/2 cup of the white sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and add to the creamed mixture then add the milk and mix well.
- Pour batter into buttered 8x8 baking dish.
- Top with peach slices, then pour all of the reserved peach juice over the peaches.
- Top with the remaining sugars and cinnamon.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees.