Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good and easy dish that the kids will enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine ground beef and pizza sauce.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Top with the beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes. sprinkle with cheese; bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
This was good and easy to make. Next time I would not use as much pizza sauce as we thought it was a bit too saucy. I also used a pizza blend cheese of cheddar and mozzarella. Will be making again. I also added some onion powder to the hamburger mixture. I made this recipe for our kids and another bubble pizza recipe for the adults (one with more goodies). This was enjoyed by all.
Very good! I used kitchen shears to cut the biscuits. Very versatile. I did things a bit differently the second time; I used half ranch salad dressing on one side and pizza sauce on the other, and simply topped with black olives, onions, fresh tomatoes, mozzarerella and pepperoni and used only enough biscuits to mostly cover the bottom of the pan. It was a hit!
Great dish! Big hit in our house, my kids gobbled this up. I made as directed and it turned out swell. Thank you for posting.