Recipe by DbKnadler
This is another recipe I got from "Brain Foods for Kids: Over 100 Recipes to Boost Your Childs Intelligence" a mail in offer I got from Kashi. The whole family seems to like it pretty well. We usually do these for breakfast when we have leftover mashed potatoes from a dinner. I sometimes substitute fresh spinach or even bok choy for the cabbage. Also the recipe originally called for the patties to be coated in flour and fried in sunflower oil, but I omit the flour coating and just spray the pan with olive oil spray to cut calories and fat.
Top Review by Patricia S.
Brain food? Maybe, who knows? My mom told us about this when we were kids. It lives up to its name when properly prepared using leftover cabbage and potatoes from Sundays dinner
- 1⁄2 cup savoy cabbage, very finely shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and then season to taste.
- Spray a large heavy based skillet with nonstick spray and preheat ver med high heat.
- Drop by large tablespoonfuls into prepared skillet, you want to try to make 6 evenly sized patties.
- Cook 3-4 minutes and then turn, and cook second side additional 3-4 minutes They should be golden brown.
- We like to serve them with ketchup.