This is a drink I fell in love with early on in life. It's sweetened milk tea with boba which are tapioca balls. Found this one online, I don't remember where but it is very good. Very similar to how you would buy it in a tea shop. This can be made with or without boba and is very good both ways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brewed tea (I use black but you can use chai or green tea too)
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup tapioca (optional)
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- 1Make the sugar syrup by combining granulated sugar, brown sugar, and water into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stirring often.
- 2Once mixture begins to simmer remove from heat. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.
- 3Once syrup is chilled, combined tea, syrup, milk, and ice in a shaker or blender. I prefer a shaker but if you like blended drinks use a blender.
- 4Shake until completely mixed.
- 5Add tapioca pearls to a tall glass and pour in milk tea.
- 6Use a large straw and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bubble Milk Tea (Boba)
Serving Size: 1 (1022 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 880.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 110.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 212.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 205.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: