Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a drink I fell in love with early on in life. It's sweetened milk tea with boba which are tapioca balls. Found this one online, I don't remember where but it is very good. Very similar to how you would buy it in a tea shop. This can be made with or without boba and is very good both ways.
- 3⁄4 cup brewed tea (I use black but you can use chai or green tea too)
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca (optional)
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- Make the sugar syrup by combining granulated sugar, brown sugar, and water into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stirring often.
- Once mixture begins to simmer remove from heat. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Will keep for up to a month in a tightly sealed container.
- Once syrup is chilled, combined tea, syrup, milk, and ice in a shaker or blender. I prefer a shaker but if you like blended drinks use a blender.
- Shake until completely mixed.
- Add tapioca pearls to a tall glass and pour in milk tea.
- Use a large straw and enjoy!