Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is also known as Monkey bread.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- In a large bowl mix yeast in warm milk.
- Add sugar, melted butter, salt, and eggs to milk and mix well.
- Stir in flour 1 cup at a time.
- Let dough raise for about an hour in a warm place ( I use the oven).
- Work down the dough then let dough rest for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix 1 1/2 cup Sugar, 1/2 bottle of cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter.
- Pull chunks of dough off and dip into butter, then into sugar mixture. Place in bunt pan. Continue this step till all dough has been dipped and coated.
- Pour the remaining butter and sugar over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 35 minutes.