Recipe by blisstir
This is a delicious bread that goes well with lasagna, pastas or just for kicks! If you like Bleu cheese, this one is for you! Always a big hit!
- 1 loaf fresh bread (I use french)
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, to taste
- 3 teaspoons paprika, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup butter substitute
- 1 package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, soften butter and mix in bleu cheese.
- Stir occasionally and let sit to thicken.
- Slice bread in about 1 inch slices and arrange on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread thin layer of cream cheese on top of each slice of bread (you can do this to taste but I find that too much cream cheese over powers the taste).
- Next spoon the butter and bleu mixture over the top of each slice.
- Sprinkle with paprika- to taste.
- Sprinkle with dill- to taste (Dill can be over powering too so you may want to try a few different amounts before you find the one you like).
- Bake until the outside is crispy and the indside is soft- About 8 mins.