Recipe by Tisme
Another Dairy Australia find from from cookbook. So easy and I did substitute some of the vegetables, which worked so well with cleaning out my vegetable drawer in the fridge, but I am posting the recipe as written. Served with relish this makes a wonderful snack or side dish. This is perfect for lunches the next day as well.
Top Review by Hanka
This is a great recipe! I saute the veggies in olive oil. Also added some left over ham and roasted pumpkin. Sprinkle some cheese and feta over the top as well. Served for dinner with salad. Next day had it for lunch with grilled chicken. What a great way how to clean your vegetable drawer in the fridge! Love it! Thank you Tisme it's a keeper for us!
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup corn kernel
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh herb, chopped (parsley, mint, chives, basil)
- 1⁄2 cup self-raising flour
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, torn, optional for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick frypan, add zucchini, carrot, peas, corn, garlic and water and cook until just softened. Cool slightly.
- Combine the cooked vegetables with spring onions, cheddar, feta, eggs, milk, herbs and flour.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined 28cm x 18cm slab pan. Stud the cherry tomatoes onto mixture decoratively and bake at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Rest for 10-15 minutes before sprinkling with basil, slicing into small squares and serving.