Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low on effort, high on flavour; this frittata is full of potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes and fried onions.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, cooked and diced
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add in the oil. Add the onions and cook until golden.
- Tip in the cooked potatoes and pancetta and fry together to colour the potatoes and cook the pancetta.
- Meanwhile gently whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the vegetables in the pan out evenly and pour over the egg mixture. Add the tomatoes and scallion and gently ease around the edge with a palette knife.
- Cook for a minute or two to set the bottom, then put under a preheated grill to cook the top. Sprinkle over the grated cheese which will melt in the heat.
- To serve: dress the arugula with the oil and balsamic. Serve with a wedge of the frittata.