Recipe by Alex Burnett
A wonderful old recipe which is an excellent base for an English style breakfast with the added benifit that most of the work was done the day before. My Mum used to make this when I was lucky, and we had the left over mash and brussels. Plain simple and wonderful. Let the mix crisp up to make it even better.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel boil and mash potatoes (or get them and the left over brussels out of the fridge) Chop up brussels and mash into potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper as required.
- Lightly oil a frying pan and spoon in mix and flatten out to about 1" thick.
- Fry until crisp and golden brown on surface.
- Wonderful for breakfast with fried eggs and bacon.